Tuesday 1 January 2013

NEW!

Happy New Year everyone and yes that's what the challenge for this week is all about over at Crafty Sentiments ~ 'NEW!' now that can be new home, new baby, new job, new stash, as long as its new it works!  Now when I was thinking about what to do I had an idea for something totally different and I find this often happens when I'm crafting, I find myself doing something and then thinking to myself if I did such'n'such I could get this effect etc etc but then when the time comes I can never remember what I thought of or I write it on a scrap of paper on my desk and end up losing it!  So with that in mind I decided to make my self a 'New Ideas' book so I could jot the ideas down and not keep forgetting or losing them! lol  I used a shopping list style note book and covered it with some glittery paper by First Editions from the Hideaway pad, I also used papers from the pad for the vintage label die cut (Crafty Cutters @ Crafty Sentiments Designs) and the mat and leafy branch.  My images are Hitting the Books and Stairs and Books both of which are available over at Crafty Sentiments Designs.  Coloured with copics and some 3d glaze added to her glasses.  Finished off with some lettering using a sizzix extended cuts die and some yellow gems and I also added notes about the project that I thought about originally! lol  So this notebook sits on my desk ready for my 'new ideas'  Hope you like it and the good thing was that the note book only cost £1!
































I would like to enter this notebook into the following challenges:

Totally Gorjuss #164 ~ New
2 Sisters #124 ~ Anything but a card

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the Crafty Sentiments challenge blog as there is just so much inspiration on offer this week as Teams A & B have joined together for our first challenge of the year. xx


4 comments:

  1. Love your note book Jan, and a perfect image for it..fabulous colouring and if you fnd my scraps of papers please just forward on.
    Wishing you a very Happy & Healthy New Year…2013

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Jac....your notebook is gorgeous,love the image and fab layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love your interpretation of the NEW theme what a fabulous idea
    Happy New Year
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a superb idea for something new. Love the design with the branch and girl too. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x