Friday 2 May 2014

Crafty Catz #229 ~ Anything but Square

Good morning, I really don't seem to be about very much at the moment, I thought my internet had been sorted but I'm not quite sure, it still seems to drop out but not for quite as long.  The rest of my time seems to be being swallowed up with work and by the time I get home I'm too shattered for anything else!  But I did get my DT card made for this weeks challenge over at Crafty Catz and this week our wonderful Naomi and she wanted to see Anything but Square.  Our fabulous sponsor for this week is 
prize...7 images of winners choice 

Now I don't very often do different shaped cards, its usually squares or rectangles so thought I would try and push the boat our this week and as we got to play with an image from our fabulous sponsor this is what determined the shape of my card!  Now I just love the Stella & Gus images from Bugaboo, they always make me smile and this image of Stella is no exception so I checked out my Cricut cartridges and came across this cupcake image and hey presto my card was born.  I have used PM Portobello Road papers for the cake and coloured Stella with Copics and Spectrums, I hand cut the tag shape around Stella and added some bakers twine so that she can actually come off and be used as a bookmark and then I added the sentiment on the inside.  

So there you have it my shaped card, hope you like it, don't forget to check out what the rest of the DT did, they are such an amazing bunch of ladies.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
OSAAT #210 ~ Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Designs ~ Create a bookmark or tag (My bookmark is tag shaped)
TFL

5 comments:

  1. oooh.. what a cool shaped card!! LOVE it!! Gorgeous work my friend! Sorry it's taken me sooo long to stop by!!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh.. what a cool shaped card!! LOVE it!! Gorgeous work my friend! Sorry it's taken me sooo long to stop by!!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely design for your card and good idea for the bookmark
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fab card Jac, love the shape, so sweet...
    Have a good week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shaped card Jac love the bookmark as well fabulous colour's have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x